Vela Creations is an in-depth resource for off grid living. The site documents our research and experiences, hoping that they might help others interested in pursuing this lifestyle. This blog is designed to document our day to day experiences as we build our new, sustainable homestead. If you are interested in seeing more photos and videos, we have a flickr account at the following url: http://flickr.com/photos/35090117@N05/collections/
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Monday, May 30, 2016
Sunday, May 29, 2016
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Friday, May 27, 2016
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Monday, May 23, 2016
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Backyard Bees is a local Orange County company that lets people adopt a hive and keep it in their backyard, but maintains it for free. You get 10% of the honey, pollinators for your garden, and you get to help save the bees!
It's already time to harvest the red potatoes! These were the potatoes that I planted in the fabric pots a couple months ago. Each of these pots got two seed potatoes. They gave me a nice return of an average of 5 potatoes per pot.
Friday, May 20, 2016
Thursday, May 19, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
I collected 108 DIY shed plans from all over the web. Might be useful if you're looking for ideas or want to build one
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Monday, May 16, 2016
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Thursday, May 12, 2016
Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Sick of your life in your current city or country? Your life quality could me much higher somewhere else. Find out where and move there
Friday, May 6, 2016
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
- ► 2017 (344)
- Roy Bean
- Kin Hubbard
- Alphonse Karr
- The Rise of Small Farm Robots - the miniaturizatio...
- New Study Reveals Just How Brutal Meat and Poultry...
- 33-year-old British freelance graphic designer dec...
- What are dandelions good for? Absolutely everythin...
- Use beets, spinach, tumeric, and blueberries to na...
- The Beginner's Guide to Raising Rabbits for Meat
- Micro Hydroelectricity
- Tennessee Williams
- Satchel Paige
- The Injustice of Internet Pricing in Rural Communi...
- One of the easiest ways I've found to make raised ...
- Lilac sugar - easy to make, could use any edible f...
- William C. Bryant
- Christian Nestell Bovee
- Hal Borland
- Arnold Bennett
- Thomas Fuller
- Backyard Bees is a local Orange County company tha...
- Solar Powered Floating Cabin
- pandup.com platform a farm to consumer marketplace...
- Home Brew: Elderflower Champagne Recipe
- Compost Swarming With Pill Bugs After Adding Cardb...
- Almost Half of US Honeybee Hives Collapsed Last Ye...
- It's already time to harvest the red potatoes! The...
- Learn Exactly How to Grow 25 Vegetable Garden Favo...
- Mycelium Magic: Getting Started with Shiitake Mush...
- P. G. Wodehouse
- Martin Heidegger
- A Landowners Guide to Perennial Crop Options (PDF ...
- I collected 108 DIY shed plans from all over the w...
- This disease has killed a million trees in Califor...
- Bunny Brew: Managing Rabbit Manure On The Homestea...
- Science fair
- Chicken Coops - 3 Key Principles for Choosing or B...
- One-Loop vs. Multi-Loop Aquaponics
- William Christopher Handy
- Adolf Loos
- Johannes Kepler
- William Cowper
- John Gay
- Alice Walker
- WALIPINI - underground greenhouse
- How to pluck/dress a chicken. Good tips.
- Sick of your life in your current city or country?...
- Anatole France
- Walter Scott
- Margaret Atwood
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- ▼ May (56)
- ► 2015 (875)
- ► 2014 (275)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (65)