Vela Creations is an in-depth resource for off grid living. The site documents our research and experiences, hoping that they might help others interested in pursuing this lifestyle. This blog is designed to document our day to day experiences as we build our new, sustainable homestead. If you are interested in seeing more photos and videos, we have a flickr account at the following url: http://flickr.com/photos/35090117@N05/collections/
Monday, February 20, 2017
Last week, Abe went to stay with Vickie in her new house. They spent most of their time setting up utilities and buying furniture, but they still got to enjoy a little of the new scene. The area, near Austin, sounds pretty cool, with a lot of museums, activities, restaurants, etc. Plus, it is all so green!
The house itself is gorgeous, with a small forest to enchant Abe, and a treehouse, pool and basketball hoop to excite the kids, who cannot wait to visit.
As for us at home, it was the first time that the kids have ever been apart from their dad overnight, so it was weird. In fact, it's one of the very few times that he and I have been apart since we got together. Still, Leo and Nicky were good as gold, which made everything easier, and the time flew by.
Saturday, February 18, 2017
Friday, February 17, 2017
- Andy Warhol
- Henrik Ibsen
- Paul Dirac
- Over 3,000 Bakers Are Now In Business, After Minne...
- Comparing growth and harvests in adjacent strips, ...
- Hog Killing Time (excellent longread)
- This is how we dry & use wild Lambsquarter
- The Compost King of New York
- Herbs: History,Types, Uses, and Cultivation
- Why nature restoration takes time: fungi grow 'rel...
- Trees, forests and water: Cool insights for a hot ...
- Do Trees Have Feelings: The Hidden Life of Trees i...
- Permaculture Keyline Water Systems: Don Tipping @ ...
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Lao Tzu
- Pamela Hansford Johnson
- Solar well pump
- John Lubbock
- Solar pump
- Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Robert M. Pirsig
- Albert Camus
- Max Muller
- Francois Rabelais
- Aldo Leopold
- Cattle Panel Greenhouse - Design and Build
- Splitting fence posts by hand - Riving Demonstarti...
- Hickory Nut Brew - How to Make
- Compost Fed Chickens
- How to build your very own mushroom farm from scra...
- GoAts - Pasture
- Tiny front yard - Lots of food - only year 1
- Portland teen discovers cost-effective way to turn...
- John James Audubon
- Permaculture Potato Planting - Using Potatoes to d...
- John Webster
- ▼ February (37)
- ► 2016 (760)
- ► 2015 (875)
- ► 2014 (275)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (65)