Vela Creations is an in-depth resource for off grid living. The site documents our research and experiences, hoping that they might help others interested in pursuing this lifestyle. This blog is designed to document our day to day experiences as we build our new, sustainable homestead. If you are interested in seeing more photos and videos, we have a flickr account at the following url: http://flickr.com/photos/35090117@N05/collections/
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Victor Hugo
- Painting roof
- Under cover potatoes
- Turning your extra raw milk into cheese in 10 minu...
- Quick Run Down of my Friends Off-Grid Solar Rig.
- Getting started with hatching & selling chicks for...
- Oregon State University is offering a free online ...
- Another example of a Water Retention Landscape aft...
- Pierre Schaeffer
- Planting out
- James Agee
- Saint Augustine
- Spring party
- Google Tool Calculates Your Roof's Potential Solar...
- How to make Cider with an AXE! Part 3 Dressing the...
- This is a blog about succulents, good tips on how ...
- Hardwood Propagation - DIY Bottom Heat Technique (...
- Transplanting tomatoes - spring must've sprung!
- DIY A19 LED Bulb Growlight Completely from Scratch...
- Dog Waterer
- Pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides destroy s...
- We can’t vertically farm our way into a techno-uto...
- $150 Greenhouse - Can it handle a blizzard!?
- How Geoff Lawton Helped Me Understand Why I love P...
- Kudzu—it's not just for goats anymore.
- Google: 4 out of 5 US homes have solar power poten...
- How To Drill A Well In Your Own Backyard!
- Rabbits: Cute, Cuddly, and Capable of Feeding Vill...
- Anatole France
- Tom Allen
- Laurence Sterne
- Should Agriculture Be a Required School Subject?
- Top 10 question to ask Before Going OFF GRID
- We need farms that support farmers AND the environ...
- Sap To Syrup
- How to make your own bokashi composter
- March Homestead Tour
- Here Are the Three Main Challenges Facing U.S. Agr...
- The Winter Cover Crop Part II: Green Manure
- SCOBY Fruit Leather, Kombucha & Kale Smoothies, Wa...
- Hand Digging Ponds - In-Depth Discussion
- Jean Giraudoux
- Saul Bellow
- Orison Swett Marden
- Mary Shelley
- Comfrey Planting, Dividing, Expanding!
- It's March! Sowing panic sets in! Got my first bee...
- Depression Era Tactics for Self-Sufficiency
- Like start-ups, most intentional communities fail ...
- Teen Entreprenuership and Farmer's Markets with Am...
- 7 Essentials TIPS for Raising Chicks
- Millions of Americans facing 'megadrought' as Colo...
- Mini Jersey Cow - The Perfect Miniature Family Cow...
- Long-Term Conventional and No-tillage Systems Comp...
- In nature’s lap: These five Indian families gave u...
- Very small scale water harvesting with swales.
- Luther Burbank
- Pierre Bonnard
- Edmund Burke
- ▼ March (62)
- ► 2016 (760)
- ► 2015 (875)
- ► 2014 (275)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (65)