Vela Creations is an in-depth resource for off grid living. The site documents our research and experiences, hoping that they might help others interested in pursuing this lifestyle. This blog is designed to document our day to day experiences as we build our new, sustainable homestead. If you are interested in seeing more photos and videos, we have a flickr account at the following url: http://flickr.com/photos/35090117@N05/collections/

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Breastfeeding benefits

This probably isn't something people normally blog about, but I find it interesting.

Today I started my period... for the first time in almost 2 years! I'd read that some women don't menstruate while breastfeeding on demand, and I guess I was one of those. But now, 1 month after Leo decided he didn't want any more boobie, my cycle began anew!

Mmmmmmm - I think I see a way out of the dreaded female curse...!

1 comment:

  1. yep! some believe breastfeeding is a natural form of birth control. It's one of those "be careful and only under specific situations" type of methods since some women can still get pregnant even while breastfeeding. :) But in your case, sounds like it just might work! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactational_amenorrhea_method

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive