Vela Creations is an in-depth resource for off grid living. The site documents our research and experiences, hoping that they might help others interested in pursuing this lifestyle. This blog is designed to document our day to day experiences as we build our new, sustainable homestead. If you are interested in seeing more photos and videos, we have a flickr account at the following url: http://flickr.com/photos/35090117@N05/collections/
Saturday, August 29, 2009
The roof to the kids' rooms is now finished.
- We put the remaining layers of latex concrete on the roof.
- We filled up the holes we had left for easier access.
- We painted the whole thing with a white waterproofing paint.
- We attached gutters to the sides.
So that roof is now done and catching water.
- ► 2015 (573)
- ► 2014 (275)
- ► 2012 (66)
- ► 2011 (78)
- ► 2010 (65)
- Brick Floors
- Latex Concrete Roof
- The chicken population on this property has grown ...
- Framing the roof of the kids' rooms
- 16 months old
- Link to Leo photos
- 2 stairs done
- Posts getting done
- New Water Tank
- 16th Month
- Kids' Rooms
- Temperature Controls
- South Flower beds
- Windows and Doors
- The Roof and Water Catchment
- 2 months since my last post...
- ▼ August (19)